Newly added to our growing STAT!Ref Collection are three important editions for Quintessence of Dental Technology, Oxford Textbook of Global Public Health and Practical Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, Cotton and Williams': The Fundamentals.
Already have these resources? When STAT!Ref gets a new edition to a resource subscribers already purchase, they get that new edition in their online subscription automatically. It's a hassle-free, value-added convenience to ensure that our customers receive the newest and best content available.
The STAT!Ref Dental resource Quintessence of Dental Technology has recently been updated with one brand new volume for 2015.
With its focus on the newest techniques and materials for esthetic restorative outcomes, QDT 2015 features original articles on CAD/CAM, conservative adhesive restorations, non-prep veneers, pink esthetics, full-mouth reconstructions, and overall challenging cases.
Two State of the Art articles are presented: Mastering Esthetic and Functional Rehabilitation of the Severely Worn Dentition by Serio Arias et al, and CAD/CAM Technology for Complete Dentures Fabrication by Tae Kim and Sillas Duarte, Jr. Neimar Sartori et al provide this year's Biomaterials Update on CAD/CAM High-Strength Glass Ceramics.
Purchasers will want to bundle this resource with Esthetic and Restorative Dentistry: Material Selection and Technique and Fundamentals of Fixed Prosthodontics.
The Oxford Textbook of Global Public Health, formerly known as Oxford Textbook of Public Health is now in its sixth edition and is a must have resource for public health practitioners and trainees, clinical epidemiologists, and both students and lecturers in public health, epidemiology, and the related disciplines of health economics and health policy.
The Oxford Textbook of Global Public Health is the ultimate resource on the subject of public health and epidemiology. The sixth edition has been thoroughly revised and updated, offering a global and comprehensive perspective on wide ranging public health needs and priorities in modern health care.
The sixth edition, retains its approach of dividing the complex, dynamic subject of public health into three topics. 'The Scope of Public Health' discusses the development of the discipline, determinants of health and disease, public health policies, and law and ethics. Next, the textbook focuses on 'The Methods of Public Health', including the main science behind the discipline – epidemiology. Finally, 'The Practice of Public Health', examines specific public health problems and the options for prevention and control. As well as identifying these issues by system or disease, there is also an awareness of the unique needs of particular population groups.
- Covers three distinct areas: the scope of public health, the methods of public health and the practice of public health
- Edited by a global team, including contributions from eminent policy makers, public health practitioners and academics from both the developed and developing world
- Essential reading for all those training or practicing in public health and epidemiology
New to this edition:
- New topics discussed include climate change, genetic testing and epidemiology; new methods for measuring the burden of disease; life course approaches to epidemiology, behavioral economics; and physical activity, health and well being
Purchasers will want to bundle this resource with ACP Smart Medicine (SM) & AHFS DI® Essentials™, Guide to Culturally Competent Health Care, and Occupational and Environmental Health: Recognizing and Preventing Disease and Injury.
The Doody's Core Title, Practical Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, Cotton and Williams': The Fundamentals, is in its seventh edition and is an excellent quick read for both first year fellows and veteran gastroenterologist.
Translated into seven languages, Cotton and Williams' Practical Gastrointestinal Endoscopy has for the last 25 years been the basic primer for endoscopy around the world, providing clear, clinical and practical guidance on the fundamentals of endoscopy practice, from patient positioning and safety, how to perform different endoscopic procedures, and the latest in therapeutic techniques and advances in technology.
It's key strength and reason for its popularity is its step-by-step, practical approach, especially with the use of outstanding color artwork to illustrate the right and wrong ways to perform endoscopy. Add to this the weight and expertise of its author team, led by Peter Cotton and Christopher Williams, and the final result is an essential tool for all gastroenterologists and endoscopists, particularly trainees looking to improve their endoscopic technique
New to this edition are:
- Approximately 35 high-quality videos illustrating optimum endoscopy practice, all referenced via “video eyes” in the text
- Self-assessment MCQs to test main learning points
- An online clinical photo image bank to complement the line illustrations, perfect for downloading into scientific presentations
- Key learning points in every chapter
- Much more information on mucosal resection techniques and small bowel endoscopy—for capsule and “deep” enteroscopy
- The latest recommendations and guidelines from the ASGE, ASG, UEGW and BSG.
Have any questions about these new editions? Please call 800-901-5494 or fill out this form to speak with a STAT!Ref Team Member today.