Medical-Surgical Nursing Care, Fourth Edition gives students an in-depth understanding of the common diseases and disorders that affect adult patients. It provides a strong foundation for caring by emphasizing pathophysiology, nursing care, and patient teaching.
The material in Medical-Surgical Nursing Care is presented in an easily-accessible format with streamlined content and a clear writing style that makes it easy for students to absorb information. Study aids throughout the text also help students focus less on memorization and more on practice and the integration of new material into their critical thought-processes.
The Fourth Edition includes new content and features that will help students grow and develop as practical and vocational nurses.
New To This Edition:
- Applied Learning Outcomes identify what you can expect to learn from each chapter and apply that learning when caring for patients.
- Focus on Diversity boxes and Cultural Care Strategies build on the foundation for culturally sensitive nursing care.
- Key Concepts help students identify and focus on important concepts and develop an understanding of patient needs.
- Memory Alerts provide cues, ideas, or alternate ways of thinking about a concept to help the student learn and remember important information.
- Safety Alerts help the student recognize threats to patients’ safety.
- Nursing Care sections throughout the book stress the nurse’s responsibilities for promoting health, establishing priorities, and recognizing critical complications.
- Clinical Reasoning Care Maps at the end of each disorders chapter have added a question about identifying patient safety risks and prioritizing nursing interventions to address the risk.
- Chapter 1 introduces and elaborates on quality and safety in nursing, provision of evidence-based nursing care, and essential competencies for nurses.
Click here to view even more features of this new edition. Purchasers will want to bundle this resource with The 5-Minute Clinical Consult, AORN Guidelines for Perioperative Practice, Clinical Teaching Strategies in Nursing, Essentials of Perioperative Nursing and Fundamental & Advanced Nursing Skills.