You may have noticed that we now display Almetric badges in STAT!Ref through EE+ Cochrane Systematic Reviews, EE+ POEMs, Evidence Alerts, Decker content databases on STAT!Ref, using chapter-level DOIs and Supplement-Goals Reference Guide and Research Digest.
How do these Altmetric badges work? Altmetric LLP, who provides the data, collect article level metrics and the online conversations around research papers by tracking a selection of online indicators (both scholarly and non-scholarly) to give a measurement of digital impact and reach. ‘Mentions’ that contain links to any version of the same paper are picked up, and collated. The result is the altmetric score.
The altmetric data available on the articles allows you to:
• See the attention that each article is receiving from non-traditional sources, including;
• mainstream and social media
• published policy documents
• online reference managers
• post-publication peer-review forums
• Explore the conversations surrounding the content
• Identify recent papers your peers think are interesting
Example of an Altmetric Badge through a STAT!Ref Evidence Alert:
We hope that you find this new way to measure the impact of individual articles and journals as interesting and useful as we do. If you have any questions about this new product feature please feel free to call 800-901-5494 or fill out this form today.