The 6th edition of Sports Nutrition: A Handbook for Professionals, formerly called Sports Nutrition: A Practice Manual for Professionals, has had a slight name change and STAT!Ref has it available now. This long-standing and renowned reference for both the seasoned and novice sports dietitian thoroughly explores all areas of nutrition for sports and fitness.
Written and reviewed by esteemed sports registered dietitian nutritionists (RDNs) and other exercise experts, this edition incorporates theoretical and practical information and key takeaways designed for easy implementation in daily practice. Highlights include:
- A brand new chapter discussing emerging opportunities in sports nutrition
- Completely revised overview of exercise physiology, including a description of training principles
- Strategies for a sports nutrition assessment with application of macro- and micronutrient recommendations
- Updated population- and sports-specific recommendations, including new and in-depth discussion of considerations for various endurance events
- Important focus on the scope of practice for sports RDNs
This is a great resource for professionals, new RDs, students, and others interested in sports nutrition. It is a very useful tool for working with active populations. It is more detailed than others in the field, but still basic enough so it is easy to understand.
As you know updates are published throughout the year for many of the titles in STAT!Ref. These are always automatically available within your subscription, with no extra work, no change in access and at no extra cost to you. To stay aware, you can always find supplemental updates, along with new titles and editions, via the STAT!Ref website by clicking here.
If you have any questions about this resource, or if there is anything we can help you with at all, please call 800-901-5494 or fill out this form to speak with a STAT!Ref Team Member today.